Do you want to work for one of the UK’s biggest Fund Managers? Good news – FW Capital are on the lookout for an Investment Executive (Relationship Manager) based out of their North East offices.
FW Capital is responsible for investing the specialist Tees Valley Catalyst Fund into businesses in the North of England that have a bond or guarantee requirement, providing loans from £100,000 to £2,000,000.
You will be responsible for sourcing and appraising applications for investments into FW Capital. A comprehensive knowledge of FW Capital, our products and the market will be expected to be maintained and developed.
You will be responsible for sourcing and appraising applications for investments into FW Capital under commercial terms and in accordance with the investment criteria set by FW Capital and will be in line with the investment operating guidelines for each fund. Investments can be structured into loans, or mezzanine loans.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to the operation of FW Capital as a professional fund management company and provider of risk capital to existing businesses, in accordance with the terms of approval from Public Sector bodies and European Regional Development Funds (ERDF)
- Maintain and develop technical and industry specific knowledge to ensure best practice and compliance in investment activity
- Conduct thorough and robust management, financial and commercial due diligence when considering investment opportunities and assess the risks attendant to each investment
- Negotiate terms and conditions relating to legal documentation for placing investments
- Assess applications for funding and prepare reports recommending investment to fund manager, group investment director or investment committee, where the proposed investment meets the risk and portfolio criteria established by finance
- Liaise closely with the portfolio team post investment where applicable and support as required to maintain the relationship with the investee company and facilitate additional investments as appropriate
- Develop and maintain links and networks with key business introducers and intermediaries to source suitable investment opportunities
It is anticipated that the successful individual will hold an accountancy or banking qualification and have gained related experience in an accountancy, corporate finance, restructuring, corporate banking or funding role.